- Sector: edtech
Quizlet looked at setting up in Dublin, Amsterdam and London, after considering a broad initial list of regions, including France. The key considerations were how to access talent, the cost of setting up and the benefits of research and development in London. Potential outcomes after Brexit were a key concern.
What we did
- Provided a comprehensive benchmarking report to support the decision-making process between London, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- Supplied information about London and the UK’s student landscape and facilitated an introduction to the British Council as a potential partner.
- Introduced the Vice President to our partners Taylor Wessing for regulatory advice on GDPR and post-Brexit rules.
- Put the Head of Finance in touch with our banking solutions partner, Meridian Solutions.
- Supported the company's launch, which coincided with the BETT show in London, by obtaining a quote from Rajesh Agrawal, former Deputy Mayor of London for Business, for its press release.
- Quizlet set up its first international office in London, covering business development and marketing functions.
- The company set up in Marylebone and hired more than five employees within the first few months of operation across business development, marketing and data analytics.
- It entered into content partnerships with local education companies Busuu and Garnet Education.
- Up to 15 new jobs are anticipated to be created in the next few years in London.
London is a rich historic centre for educational excellence, which Quizlet could build upon as the company advances to multiple territories. London & Partners helped as we considered London, announcing our presence and no doubt will support us as we grow.Rahim Hijri
UK Country Manager, Quizlet